To provide on-site coordination for all phases of Mammoth Inc. construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. Responsible for the overall success of a project.
- Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
• Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
• Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
• Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
• Ensure the subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
• Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
• Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
• Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
• Maintain daily reports of activities on the jobsite and submit to office by 3:00 p.m. daily.
• Perform superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
• Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
• Walk all unites on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
• Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
• Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
• Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
• Perform job progress and ongoing completion punch updates.
• Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontractors if requested.
• Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
• Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job site.
• Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
• Opening the jobsite at the beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
The Project Superintendent is solely responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes. Project Superintendent shall schedule all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed. The Project Superintendent shall be responsible for the coordination of all work. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project team (i.e. superiors, engineer, consultant, owner) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of the work that deviates from the approved plans. The Project Superintendent shall establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction. The Project Superintendent does not have the authorization to engage in monetary agreements (subcontracts, change orders, work authorizations). All request for monetary agreements must be communicated to the project manager for consideration prior to work performed. Failure to perform these duties will result in reprimand or termination.
Superintendent shall supervise all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors on a daily basis. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. Superintendent shall supervise all Assistant-Superintendents and develop addition Mammoth talent.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
• Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst allocated subcontractors and vendors.
• Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
• Communicate using the following tools: telephone, written logs, email, and computer.
• Blueprint reading.
• Physically lift up to 100 lbs.
• Endurance and ability to visit job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
• Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situation; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts Responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manges competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work Responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions’ Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach a goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
- Clean driving record
- OSHA 30
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of three years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate. Office experience of Master Builder, Microsoft office (Excel, word, project & Outlook) is also preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as yardage, tonnage, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.