To provide management oversight for all phases of construction projects, including managing employees, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget. Responsible for overall success or failure of all assigned projects.
Principle Project Management Duties:
- Responsible for finding, estimating, and bidding general construction, municipal, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Manages and mentors Junior Project Managers.
- Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing safety standards and ensuring those standards are met.
- Coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Hold weekly project meetings with Superintendents, subs, and suppliers.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Ensures all scope is covered and accurate.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts.
- Responsible for all contracts.
- Approves all EWO pricing as prepared by Junior Project Managers.
- Obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers and superintendents, reviews their reports, resolves any reported difficulties/disputes and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owner, architects and portfolio managers about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated. Plans, implements, tracks and closeout/turnover of construction projects. Conducts project meetings.
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role.
- Manages day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, and project costs.
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects.
- Generates and issues regular internal and external project reporting through company software (Viewpoint).
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken.
- Projects changes in scope and revenue.
- Administers submittal review process between subcontractors/suppliers and design team.
- Accurate pricing.
- Problem solving.
- Establish Project Budget and report to Accounting.
- Ensure Superintendent are fulfilling their job descriptions.
- Ensure change order, proposals, EWO’s and submittals are properly logged.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Dispute Resolution
- Financial and job cost accounting knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Personal drive to do whatever it takes to ensure Mammoth’s success
- Promote the Mammoth brand
- Project Team: Superintendent, Project Engineer, Project Assistant, Estimator (if requested to provide costing services)
- Must be able to perform at all project management levels
- Training/ Employee Development Responsibilities:
- Professional development of directly supervised employees to ensure their growth within the “Mammoth Way”
- Continuing education to expand knowledge base
- Work in an office and field environment
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
Reports to: Ownership Team