Supervises the lay out, assembly and installation of large drainpipe, including, but not limited to: Reinforced Concrete Pipe (RCP) and Corrugated Metal Pipe (CMP), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) on company projects, water, storm, and sanitary.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities of Site Utility Foreman:
• Responsible for the safe operation of company tools and equipment by all employees associated with their tasks.
• Studies project specifications with Site Superintendent to plan procedures for pipe installation sequencing and completes own take offs of prints independent of any other party.
• Coordinates and supervises daily activities of 2 to 5 people.
• Operates assigned heavy equipment to excavate, install and backfill large pipe and culvert.
• Inspects work site to determine sequencing and method of pipe installation and survey for potential hazards or safety concerns.
• Responsible for crew safety.
• Plans site utility installation to reduce inference with other project activities and traveling public.
• Enforces company policies.
• Establish safe work environment that complies with OSHA standards and company safety program.
• Comply with federal, state, and company environmental policies.
• Observes assigned equipment to detect machinery malfunctions.
• Operates machinery to verify repair.
• Inspects work to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
• Uses instruments such as lasers, grade rods, eye levels and transit levels to set appropriate grade for pipe installation.
• Keeps worksite free of refuse and ensures all trash is properly disposed of in approved receptacles.
• Minimum five years supervising installation of pipe and culvert on heavy civil projects.
• Current OSHA 30 or greater.
• Position requires employee to frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, handle objects, reach outward, and reach above head and shoulders. Job also requires employee to climb, squat, and kneel.
• Employee must also be able to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, move and drag on flat ground or steep sloped up to 50lbs.
• Work is outdoors. Working conditions range from frigid to hot temperatures with high winds, flying dust, slipping hazards and conditions. Employee is also frequently exposed to loud noise from heavy equipment and machinery.
Mammoth Inc. has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate and legal.