To provide management support for all phases of construction projects, including managing schedule, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget. The direct assistant to a seasoned Project Manager (PM), who will provide direct mentorship to assist in growing the Junior Project Manager (JPM) into a full project managerial role.
Principle Project Management Duties:
- Build Estimating Recap (Excel) to accurately cover the entire project to allow PM to quickly review and verify project is fully and competently accounted for.
- Contact subs/suppliers to ensure we have adequate coverage for a complete estimate.
- Fully understand scope of work, contract requirements, allowances, unit prices, schedule, etc. in order to competently create an accurate estimate.
- Organized onscreen takeoff.
- Completes key word search as function of building recap sheet.
- Project Schedule – This is the most important piece that you will play with any project in your cluster. Create, maintain, report, everything related to schedule.
- Company schedule – Items to include but not necessarily limited to (revenue projections, site superintendent, personnel, and equipment resources across all projects)
- Project Safety Compliance and OSHA compliance.
- Maintains project drawings, ASI’s, drawing changes, etc. and distributes to project team. This is part of weekly progress meeting with subs/suppliers. Communicates this info with all interested parties.
- Extra Work Order Pricing (EWO)
- Coordinate with site Superintendent to maintain redline as-builts and submit at project completion to design team.
- Keeps Mammoth in compliance with all permits and licensing requirements of individual projects.
- Aid in ensuring project budget is met or exceeded through diligent schedule/subcontractor/supplier management.
- Record weekly project meeting minutes for PM/Superintendent.
- Prepare agenda for subsequent meetings.
- Update project schedule.
- Report to project team at weekly internal project review meeting. (To be held on Fridays in main office)
- Prepared to answer any and all questions pertaining to the rolls and responsibilities of a junior project manager, when called upon.
- Create RFI’s as directed by PM.
- Ensure project submittals are complete, accurate, and timely. (coordinate with project admin)
- Maintains underground utility locate log and ensures all utilities are properly marked and current.
- Photo and video documentation is critical. Maintain daily pictures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Dispute Resolution
- Financial and job cost accounting knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Personal drive to do whatever it takes to ensure Mammoth’s success
- Promote the Mammoth brand
Training/ Employee Development Responsibilities:
- Professional development of directly supervised employees to ensure their growth within the “Mammoth Way”
- Continuing education to expand knowledge base
- Work in both office and field environments
- Hours in excess of a typical 40 hour work week will be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines